Sunday, February 12, 2012

Nursery sneak peak

So, today after church some friends and I went to Smoke for lunch.  It was actually really yummy!  Then our friends came over and helped John carry our nursery furniture upstairs to the nursery.  Thanks Laura & Kevin!!

  The furniture had been downstairs in the living room, airing out. (I watched this segment on Good Morning America stating that all furniture produces gasses from the chemicals that they are finished with and made with, so it is good practice to air them out before putting them in the house, but I'm not trying to leave my brand new furniture outside for a week like they suggested, so we just aired them out downstairs before putting them in the nursery)

Our nursery is not decorated, however I thought I would post some pics about the progress we have made so far.  So here they are:

During the process of clearing out the office

John painting 

Today after we moved the furniture in
I will be posting more pics as we finish up the decor and organization.  We still need to buy the glider and I also want to mod podge a small table to put next to the glider.

Seeing the furniture set up makes it all so real.  I am so excited for Addison's arrival!  John and I spent the day washing baby clothes.  The little socks and jeans make me smile.  It looks like doll clothes!!!  Just think, there will be a little baby wearing all these cute outfits in less than 2 months!

I have my first appointment with a chiropractor tomorrow.  My back ache has progressively gotten worse and my hour commute is almost impossible.  I am also getting a massage on Tuesday.  Hopefully, one of the two help!

My last natural birth class in on Wednesday.  I really enjoyed it.  On Friday, we will be meeting with our doula to make our birth plan.  That should be cool.  I'm not really sure what to expect. On Saturday, John and I plan to celebrate Valentines day, a few days late.  We are going to the Melting Pot and the movie, The Vow.  I am really excited.  The Melting Pot is special to us, we went there the day we found out we were pregnant.

Well, I'm off to my community group (small group/ Bible study).  Y'all have a blessed week!!!  xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Kavitha,
    I wish you the best with all of your planning. Just remember, even if everything doesn't go according to plan, the outcome will be your beautiful baby girl, an extension of your husband and you. Here's hoping and praying for a smooth and easy transition for her into this world.
    One day, I'll have to tell you the story of the birth of my youngest daughter, for which I'd had the best laid plans... lol. :)

    Hugs,
    Renate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! I can't wait to hear your birth story!

    ReplyDelete