Friday, December 23, 2011

Baby kick me one more time!

I have been feeling the baby move for a few weeks now.  Yesterday was the first time I got to share this experience with my husband.  We were on the couch watching a movie and all of a sudden, I felt the baby kick my arm!  This was the first time I had been able to feel the baby move externally. I grabbed my husband's hand, and he was able to feel it too.  It was so magical to share that experience with him and not just have him hear me talk about it.

My husband and I are both off of work for over a week for the Christmas holiday.  We plan to spend our break finishing our bathroom renovation, painting our kitchen, and getting the baby's nursery ready.  The tile guy is actually here right now, installing our bathroom tile.  John is painting our kitchen this awesome light grey color that we bought yesterday.  View the paint color

The idea we have for the nursery is something I saw on Pottery Barn Kids.  It is a light lavender and with white and silver accents.

I can't decide on the type of bedding that I want.  It is between the Gabrielle Bedding and the Harper Bedding from PBK.  If you have an opinion, please share!
Harper Bedding


Gabrielle Bedding


I am going to get monogramming done on the pillows and blanket.  I was set on the Gabrielle Bedding at first, however the reviews suggest that the quality of the Harper is better and more durable.  Decisions, decisions...


This is the paint color that we bought for the nursery, it's called Easter Basket. Easter basket  (The purple color, not the bright pink the picture)


I spoke with a potential doula on the phone a few days ago.  We have a meeting on December 30. I am really excited.  She seems really nice and knowledgeable. She has suggested some birthing classes, a lactation group, and a breast feeding book for me to get. 


We had a fetal echocardiogram on December 13.  The baby's heart was healthy and normal.  Her growth was right on track as well.  It was a great doctor's visit.  We enjoyed seeing the baby again.  As usual, she hid her face form the monitor, however we got a few peeks!  She is super cute. I love her little, skinny hands, legs, and feet. 


There is evidence of God's greatness in this world, in things like flowers, the sun, and the powerful ocean.  I have always made it  a habit to thank God for those small miracles that show us his hand is in everything.  Being pregnant has taken that to a whole new level.  Each kick, ultrasound,&  positive doctor's report is such a tangible reminder of his greatness and involvement in my life.  I ask for God to continue to knit my baby uniquely in my womb and guide John and I in every aspect of our lives, especially as our journey as parents.  


Psalm 139:13  For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.





2 comments:

  1. amazing to get to share such an experience with your husband! sdo delighted for you.
    The nursery is beautiful! I would chose either lol, both are fab...maybe one of each set?
    enjoy this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to go with the Harper set, but one of each....hmmmm...that is a good idea too!

    ReplyDelete